It hurts how fragile the presence is
And when I try to hold on to it, I can only cry for when
it’s gone.
Life’s beauty brings so much pain -
To hold tight to something precious
Only brings the stabs of when it flies from your hand.
Life brings waves of worry and doubt,
They overcome and cloud the window panes;
Dew of years past is left between the glass.
Only one deep breath and a ray of light
Brings me back to right where I am.
In the princess dress, there’s a broken heart,
The sweet voice brings unheard tears.
As the horses play, the dreams fade away.
Why must I cry that the little life may one day see the
grey?
Today I will catch the dew that keeps the light from tiny feet.
A firm hand and dashing smile wrap me in young love
But I’m caught up on a park bench -
Neighbored by grey hair and wrinkles of adventure.
As I try to see what’s before me,
It is only a mirage of what will too soon be the past.
And so I sit in silence,
And write the words of my heart.
To take a little piece of this moment,
All wrapped in black and white,
And maybe then it will last forever.

1 comment:
Wow, I love that you can express yourself through poetry! Does it have a tune and guitar part as well? :)
Post a Comment