Sunday, August 30, 2015

a sunday photo

I am a teacher by trade, a philosopher by nature and far too passionate about both for my own good. I have had intentions to homeschool my children for a long time and vehemently argued against traditional schooling approaches, having read and re-read and verbalized many of my thoughts, most of which are found in sound principles - -I assure you. I even built a homeschool room and began doing a homeschool (preschool) routine with Jade (as ‘routine’ and controlled as my philosophies allowed).

After years of preparation and months of focused intent on homeschooling, it hit me with subtlety at first, then came rushing with more emphasis and urgency as the day wore on. 24 hours later, she was signed up for preschool. Luckily, many of my surface concerns were put to rest; space at the school, class size, scheduling etc. But the tears flowed as I filled out the registration form. Not for any other reason than I was doing what I knew was right but I just didn’t want to. I know it’s right, I know it will be for the best and I will somehow see all that as we go forward. But sometimes you just have to cry because doing the right thing is hard.




1 comment:

Solana said...

I have complete faith in you making the right choices for your daughters! Jade has always had a great home to learn in and now she has simply gained another learning place :) Fun pictures of those two! Love the background!