here are some great views from some great adventures we have had as of late. they are bound to convert even the weakest of aspiration of venture to a full fledged dedication to life-long exploration of the best kept secret of the great outdoors.
southeast face of mt. superior up little cottonwood canyon.
aaron snapped this shot while on a field trip with his avalanche awareness class.
obviously the were aware enough that he came home safely afterward.
aspen Grove: this is just below the pass that goes over to the lake below the glacier on mt. timpanogos.
we took snowshoes up most of the way except for a part where there was solid ice an inch under the snow and it went straight up. it was like climbing a ladder
provo canyon: this is aaron above the freeway up provo canyon.
aaron, reed and i took an adventure up the south side of the canyon, just west of bridal veil falls. It lasted over 4 hours and included a headless elk, new rock climbing routes, the leftovers of the bridal veil tram, hurricane force winds, attempts to detach a huge block of frozen waterfall, and of course dodging falling rocks and averting near death. great times.
san rafael swell: great adventuring land. this is looking south along the eastern side of the swell. these buttresses were caused by some sort of swell from underneath the ground that pushed the earths crust upward, like a bubble. what's left is the outer edge and an amazing drive on I-70 that shows the twisting and rising grains of the layers of the earth's crust.
1 comment:
So adventurous!! I love the photos. It looks super freezing, but I know that just adds to the challenge! have I expressed my excitement that you guys have a blog? Have I? I think I have...
Post a Comment