thursday morning, we decided to forgo being responsible, which we young adults do best, and go up to aspen grove after the sweet snow that had fallen to test out aaron's latest gear finds.
this is the back-side of timpanogous, the top of which is hidden in the snow clouds.
we headed into the trees to find a spot to set up our new tent.
this was a sign in the picnic area. it gives you an idea of how deep the snow was.
snow shoes are heaven-sent in this terrain.
this is me, sporting all the gear that aaron found for me. what a great husband.
i'm now know as the ninja because all my gear is black.
even my beanie, nose-mouth mask AND my thermal pants,
all of which you can't see in this picture.
aaron had me model how large the hole was that we dug.
really, aaron just pushed me over backwards and this was the impact crater.
what a great husband...
perfect size for the tent.
the trango 2 without it's shell.
their are poles that run from corner to corner but their are added poles that pull out the sides.
that way the moisture that collects on the sides doesn't soak whoever is inside.
ingenious.
1 comment:
So awesome! I wish I was you guys. I want to be you guys. If only I was that cool....
Post a Comment