Thursday, July 29, 2010

a venture into homemaker-hood



so what would you do with an overwhelmed bushel of sweet cherries offered to you free?
yes, you would be overwhelmed, just like me...just like the basket.
but my naive zeal to be frugal and resourceful got me into the situation and it was that which got me out of it.
final product: a failed attempt at fruit leather, two full bags for hannah to enjoy and three and a half beautiful jars of jam-set and sealed.
a monumental accomplishment.

2 comments:

Sarie said...

I think your'e awesome. And homey. And good at stuff like this that I want to be good at. It takes courage, and you got it.

I love the quote too!!

Unknown said...

Miriam! I need to be more like you. I have everything I need to make jam. . . still haven't done it. You are just gonna be the best momma ever.