Monday, August 9, 2010

distance makes the heart grow fonder

after 3 weeks of using a camping stove out on the patio we are finally reunited with a working stove and oven. yes, that is warm, freshly cooked pizza with fresh jalepenos and tomatoes from our garden. and beside it is yummy fresh garden squash.

for all of you who have ranges in your homes, go to it-stand in front of it and take a moment of silence to truly internalize the gratitude you have for such a modern convenience. it warms your heart, fills your belly and makes food into something that is much too often under-appreciated.

sincerely,
your fellow cook and food-enjoyer

2 comments:

Sarie said...

Three weeks with a camp stove??? That's nuts! You guys are tough!

Naomi said...

Everything looks so awesome Mirs! I dont think you should iron the curtains- I like them like that. Yeah for the stove finally!! Your house is so cute. I love it. I hope that we can get that other place before school starts.