
tears come as i start to write this post...
the pain and discomfort of pregnancy is unique to the woman; the sacrifice of body and mind is a solo journey we take into the realm of motherhood. In the beginning it's exciting and joyous. there is hope, assurance and, yes, mild discomfort. but as the experience progresses, the baby comes to life inside you. she kicks, pushes, discovers, maneuvers. your body gets a cute little round protrusion that everyone continually compliments. the excitement only increases. then your body starts to be stretched beyond what you might think is normal capacity. joints ache, your head spins, appendages swell and 'cute' is very far from your own descriptive word choice. it's easy to be distracted by your own discomfort. the selfish wish to have your energy and mental capacity returned is a common occurrence.
but as I look at this picture i am overcome by a love that fills my heart for this unborn child; above is framed the living proof of selfless sacrifice and an eternal commitment to the welfare of one of God's children. it's a blessing to be in pain, to be stressed, anxious and emotional. it is a blessing to feel incredibly inadequate for such a noble task. this is how we know our Saviour.
thank you for the picture that captures the one who really matters in all this; the baby girl that is coming to teach me about God's love.
1 comment:
Very well said Miriam :) I'm 36 weeks and "sore" is a very good word for me right now. (Though I did have a lady at church tell me today that I was cute - Really!?!)I also wrote a post about pregnancy at 34 weeks - diana-n-tony.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment