Thursday, October 21, 2010

the new-comer

as Lillie's binky is laid to rest,
ours has become a welcome guest.
we have of recent come to find
the sleepless nights are not that kind.

so in a flash of desperation
we ventured by moon to the Walmart-nation.
and therein we did buy her
this blessed and belov'd pacifier.

oh the anxiety that did appease
as she took the binky with graceful ease.
the cherub didn't let out another peep
and we got a full three hours sleep!

so hear ye, hear ye mothers out there,
who think another night they cannot fare,
don't be hopeless of your situation dire,
go and get the pacifier.

7 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh Miriam!!!! I love it!!! You are a master. I am glad the binki came to your rescue. I love to hear about your motherly adventures!

Scott & Ali said...

very clever-love it!

Sarie said...

THIS WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana said...

Very cute. LOVE IT!!! :)

Hannah said...

This is an awesome poem, I love it. So clever!! Congrats on the 3 hours:) Love you lots!

Melanye said...

My question to you - where did you find the time to write a cute poem with a newborn in the house?! You go girl!! :)

Bonnie said...

I am a firm believer in pacifiers. Babies need to suck. It is their comfort mechanism, but if they are not hungry, it doesn't need to be on Mom.