Thursday, October 14, 2010

why

why i love being a mother -
because i'm learning the real meaning of sacrifice.
i'm learning what pure and selfless love will lead me to do.
i'm learning to give up my pride and be patient.
i think that's the hardest one.
i see my husband in a new way.
i see other children in a new way.
i'm beginning to see myself in a new way.
though i'm sad to see some things go; my stretch-mark-less stomach, bag-less eyes, presence of mind...
there's a new part of me coming to life.
it's tireless and it lives for her.


3 comments:

Hannah said...

I love this post... absolutely love it. Keep writing this way. You are an amazing mommy!

Carin said...

Welcome to motherhood Miriam! You will only continue to grow from here--and sometimes it is painful but the rewards are eternal!

Solana said...

Beautiful picture. When Danny and I start a family, I will probably go through all of these new mommy blogs and make all sorts of comments! :) You're so inspirational!