it is awe-inspiring the amount of determination that is bursting out of a 5 and a half month old little bundle of flesh and spirit. she's rolling over every day and started the double roll today - back to belly then on to her back again.
i started a "101 things to accomplish in 1001 days" list today - click here to make your own. one of my goals is to post the list on my blog and be accountable for it. determination to achieve and improve never leaves us. we're born with it and it haunts us the rest of our days!
so, don't waste a day. live, grow, improve, fall short, learn and love it!
1
learn to ballroom dance with my husband

2
run a 5k under 25 minutes

3
run a 10k

4
read 10 books

5
get pregnant again

6
pay off my student loans

7
go to texas

8
get a bike trailer

9
finish the book of mormon again

10
do a triathlon

11
bike 100 miles

12
do yoga every day for a month

13
give a recital

14
go backpacking with my baby girl

15
finish this list!

16
no candy for a month

17
no soda for a month

18
donate blood

19
vote in a presidential election

20
don't complain for a week

21
go to a professional piano concert

22
take a picture every day for a month

23
buy a zoom lens

24
write "I love you today because..." for 365 days

25
go horseback riding

26
can salsa

27
go ice skating

28
lose 20 pounds

29
go skinny dipping

30
go to the zoo

31
learn a poem by heart

32
use my new sewing machine!

33
run 3 times a week for 3 months

34
swim twice a week for a month

35
go skiing

36
watch the Indiana Jones series with Naomi

37
get a pedicure

38
go to Jackson Hole Wyoming

39
go to Glacier National Park

40
go to Yellow Stone National Park

41
go mountain biking

42
plant some bulbs

43
write a song with Sarah Smylie

44
make bread

45
have a candle lit dinner

46
buy a CD of Itzhak Perlman

47
buy a CD of Rubenstein playing Chopin

48
go camping with Ana and Danny

49
post this list on my blog

50
see a play in the theater

51
grow an herb garden

52
eat vegetarian for a month

53
pick 5 people who have changed my life and write each of them a letter

54
go to the driving range

55
do a detox

56
be able to identify 10 constellations

57
go to a flea market

58
buy something from Ikea

59
take a pottery class

60
call Rachel at least three times. messages don't count.

61
go to the temple with Hannah

62
go camping with Lynn and Jared

63
have a game night with Gideon and Katie

64
go on a date with Bethany

65
have Isaac over for games with Aaron

66
make 72 hour kits

67
establish food storage

68
get the piano tuned

69
get insurance on the piano

70
get life insurance

71
go roller skating with Megan Lee

72
no movies for a week

73
go to bed before midnight for a week

74
have Family Home Evening for a week

75
visit two new states

76
buy lingerie :)

77
draw a picture

78
take violin lessons for a whole month

79
email Dave Ramsey

80
drink 8 glasses of water in one day

81
go longboarding with Aaron

82
get Jade's birth certificate

83
fix Jade's social security card

84
don't text for a whole day

85
call Grandma Jeannie just to chat

86
attend a Zumba class

87
paint my nails

88
do my makeup every day for a week

89
learn five sayings in Arabic

90
go to Las Vegas

91
go to a midnight showing with Ari and David

92
have another sister sister date with Ari!!

93
sit in a hot tub

94
wax my armpits...katie??

95
buy a meal for a homeless person

96
meet someone new at church every week for a month

97
learn a new word every day for a month

98
post on my blog once a week for a whole year

99
make a book from my blog for 2008-2010

100
use cloth diapers for a week

101
make the vinegar drink for Aaron at least every other day for a month

5 comments:
I'm so excited that I inspired you! But okay, I won't comment on goals yet because I want to have a ton of time to look through them all first! So I'll be back... :)
I love your list! So many of those are on
My mental list of things to do. I'll wax your pits any time, and we still need to do a sewing day together!
#1 is such a good idea! I picture Danny and I doing that in like 100001 days though :)
Wow, you’re going to kick my butt in the 5K!
A triathlon! Let us know and we’ll cheer you on!
#24—inspired!! Wow, I might have to steal that one! Is it for Aaron or different people throughout the 365 days?
#25 was on my list too, but then I moved it to “someday” because I don’t know how to go horseback riding around here! It’s not like in Eureka when I had Remie Smith and Amanda Mitchell to play with and ride on their horses!
#28—not necessary, but good luck! And share your secret! :)
#29—I’m scandalized!!! Though after accomplishing #28, I guess you want to show it off ;)
#43 I also moved that one to someday…that’s so cool that you and Sarah want to write together! Ooh, I just thought of another awesome goal for you! Medley family CD!!! With original songs I dare say!
#48 Boo ya!
#52 You and Mel both! Must be our Eureka roots!
#56 Such a great idea! I always feel foolish when I can hardly find the big dipper!
#60-65 I love seeing goals with siblings! I tried to do that too!
#76 hahaha! Nice one!
#80—Yes! Or even just track the water intake! I try to drink a lot, but I have a feeling I don’t since things just get so busy!
#86 I hope you love Zumba! Fun times once you let go and just dance even if you’re clueless like me! :)
#100 Mel inspired?
#101 Vinegar drink? Huh?
You gave me so many great ideas!!! Now I’m going to have to fit some into my list! Go Miriam!
Awesome!! Love the picture and love the goals! What a cool ripple effect...I was randomly stalking a friend's blog, noticed her list, made my own, Ana saw it and made hers, and then you saw hers and made yours! Focusing/tracking goals and celebrating accomplishments is so essential - it helps us challenge ourselves to not just go through the motions of life. And when we look back over these lists in 3 years, we'll see all of our accomplishments! I just checked a few off my list and will watch your's and Ana's progress too!
Post a Comment